Thursday, May 9th, 2019 // BusyKids // Posted in News and Information
Busy Kids Crèche is a leading childcare provider operating crèches throughout Ireland catering for children of all ages including infants, toddlers, pre-school, and after school. Our aim is to provide the highest quality childcare in a safe, fun, family focused environment and look forward to watching each child’s growth and development.
We are looking for a person who is passionate about the care of Children and as minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in Crèche facility as Assistant manager or supervisor. The ideal candidate should have excellent knowledge of current legislation and standards relating to Childcare and a clear understanding and working knowledge of Aistear and Siolta.
The position is a temporary position to cover maternity cover effective immediately.
The position will be based in Busy Kids Creche Athlone, Co. Westmeath.
Benefits of working for Busy Kids Creche:
- Employing hundreds of people, we offer unparalleled opportunity to develop your career and broaden your experience.
- Sonas Nursing Homes have built and sustained its reputation for excellence which make us an excellent employer of choice.
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Induction Training Program
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Employee Well-Being Program
- Staff Social Events
- Career Progression
- Education Assistance Program
- Flexible Working Hours
- Training and Development Provided
- Long Service Recognition Awards
- 1 X Uniform and Name Badge Provided
- Refer a Friend Bonus
- “Buddy” Mentorship Program
- Free on-site Parking
Responsibilities and duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist and support the Creche Manager in the daily running of the crèche in accordance with The Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016, DES and best practice.
- Assist and support the Creche Manager in managing daily programmes, observations, audits, recruitment and selection, inductions, staff rostering, performance management, updating policies and procedures, payroll and finance duties and general administration.
- Support, supervise, manage, motivate, inspire, energise, lead, coach, mentor and develop all staff to the best of their abilities.
- Ensure the crèche operates within their internal policies and procedures in conjunction with ratio guidelines, legislation & any regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain positive and open relationships with families, children and staff that are based on respect and equality.
Education & Qualifications:
- Must hold a minimum Level 6 qualification in Childcare (i.e. National Diploma in Child Care or National Diploma in applied Social Studies in social care – awarded by the National Council for education awards or equivalent).
- Relevant qualification in Supervision of Childcare Facility is desirable.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in Crèche facility.· Excellent knowledge of current legislation and standards relating to Childcare.
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of Aistear and Siolta.
- Excellent administrative, organisation and computer skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Full Driver’s Licence is essential.
Candidate must be full flexible to cover shifts anytime between 7:30am – 6:30pm.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV to Amy at [email protected]