Monday, April 29th, 2019 // BusyKids // Posted in News and Information
Students on Placement or Work Experience at Busy Kids
We recognise the value of students coming to Busy Kids for work placements. Work placements provides the student with an opportunity to participate in working as part of a team, share experiences with the staff team, and develop skills, confidence and competency in caring for children and to ask questions and use the resources available to reinforce the theory learned as part of their course.
Creche Work Placement also benefit us, as it keeps the staff up to date with new developments in childcare training and allows us to showcase the quality of the service we provide.
From time to time Busy Kids will offer work experience placements to students. Student must be 18 years or over and should apply for work experience as soon as their college or agency provides the dates.
As with all application to Busy Kids, we will follow an interview process. Busy Kids is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We require the below prior to commencement of a work placement:
- A letter from the college/agency giving the dates for the work experience
- Insurance details stating that students will be covered while on our premises.
- Manual Handling, level of supervision and scope of practice.
- A copy of the processed Garda Clearance for the student.
- Two letters of reference, one to be from the college and one from a previous employer/work experience or a referee who is well regarded and respected. (a referee cannot be a family member)
To enquire about a work placement opportunity please email any of the following: